MaestroHeart Executive Summary:
- MaestroHeart SA is a medical device company that develops and intends to market a catheter-based therapy for atrial fibrillation (AF).
- MaestroHeart SA was founded by Dr. Vitali Verin and incorporated in Geneva in April 2008.
- MaestroHeart SA has a worldwide exclusive license for the main Maestro-AF patent. In July 2008 MaestroHeart filed two additional patents to protect its core technology and extend its patent portfolio.
- In January 2008 Maestro-AF project received funding of the Swiss Commission of Technology and Innovation (CTI) to start prototype development and currently collaborates with the Robotic System Laboratory (LSRO) of the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).
- Since May 2009, MaestroHeart and the CTI are financially supporting the development for the next 24 months at the LSRO.
- MaestroHeart aims to develop and market the product by 2014 in Europe and needs investment of CHF 25 million.